Serpentine spring coupling
- Product Details
There are nine types of serpentine spring couplings, namely JS cover radial mounting type (basic type), JSB cover axial mounting type, JSS double flange connection type, JSD single flange connection type, and SJS connection middle Shaft type, JSG high speed type, JSZ wheel type with brake.
The main structure of the serpentine spring coupling is composed of two half couplings, two half outer covers, two sealing rings and serpentine spring sheets.
It transfers torque by embedding the serpentine spring into the tooth slots of the two coupling halves, and the coupling uses serpentine springs to be embedded in the tooth slots of the two coupling halves to realize the link between the driving shaft and the driven shaft.
During operation, the driven end is driven by the axial force of the active end tooth facing the coil spring to transmit torque, which largely avoids the occurrence of resonance and the elastic variable generated by the reed when transmitting torque , So that the mechanical system can obtain a better damping effect, with an average damping rate of over 36%.
How to analyze the serpentine spring coupling tooth profile as straight or curved? The serpentine spring coupling uses serpentine springs divided into one or several groups, embedded between the teeth on the flange of the two-part coupling In order to realize the connection of the two halves of the coupling, in order to prevent the serpentine spring from being thrown out under the action of centrifugal force and avoid dry friction between the serpentine spring and the tooth contact, it needs to be covered with a closed shell and filled with Oil or grease.
The serpentine spring coupling is divided into two types of transverse stiffness and variable stiffness, which mainly depend on the following two shapes of the teeth in contact with the spring:
The tooth profile of the serpentine spring coupling is linear: under normal load, the distance between the serpentine spring and the tooth contact point does not change with the deformation of the serpentine spring, and the stiffness remains the same.
The two halves of the coupling are relative to each other. The rotation angle has a linear relationship with the transmitted torque, which is a constant-rigidity serpentine spring coupling.
The serpentine spring coupling tooth type is curvilinear: when the load is small, the straight part of the serpentine spring is basically parallel to the axis to be connected. When the load increases, the deformation of the serpentine spring increases, and the contact arc surface with the tooth is also Increase, and the distance between the contact point with the tooth becomes shorter and shorter, the stiffness increases, the relative rotation angle of the two halves of the coupling is nonlinear with the transmitted torque, which belongs to the variable stiffness serpentine spring coupling.
The straight tooth profile is easy to process and has low cost, but it is only suitable for working conditions with small changes in the transmission torque.
Curved tooth couplings are suitable for large torque changes and positive and negative working conditions, and have a good cushioning effect, but the curved tooth shape has poor manufacturability and higher manufacturing costs.
- It is suitable for medium and high-power transmission shafts connecting two coaxial lines, with certain compensation for the relative deviation of the two shafts, damping, and buffering performance. The working temperature is -30℃~+150℃, and the nominal torque is transmitted. 45~800000N.m.
- Mainly used in rock crusher, crank reciprocating motion, reducer, metallurgy, mining, hoisting machinery, etc.
- The shaft transmission of other various machinery and equipment can be applied wherever there is a motor connected to a shaft, a motor connected to a reduction box, or a shaft connected to a shaft.
- The coupling is axially embedded in the two halves by a serpentine spring leaf for more than 36%. The serpentine spring leaf of the trapezoidal section is made of high-quality spring steel, subjected to strict heat treatment and special processing. It has good mechanical properties, so that the service life of the coupling is much longer than that of the non-metal elastic element coupling (such as elastic sleeve). Column pins, nylon rod pin couplings) have greatly increased.
- The tooth surfaces of the two half couplings in contact with the reeds are arc-shaped. When the transmission torque increases, the springs will deform along the tooth arcs, making the force points of the two half couplings on the reeds close . The contact point between the reed and the tooth surface, that is, the change of torque, changes with the size of the transmitted torque, and its transmission characteristics are variable stiffness. Therefore, it has a greater load variation than general elastic couplings. The cushioning effect produced by the transmission force when the reed deforms along the tooth arc, especially when the machine is started or strong impact load, to a certain extent, protects the safety of the supporting parts.
- The transmission efficiency of the coupling is determined to reach 99.47%, and its short-term overload capacity is twice the rated torque, and the operation is safe and reliable.
- The aluminum alloy shell protects the spring from being thrown out during operation, and the shell is filled with butter, which not only makes the lubrication good, but also makes the noise of the reed meshing be absorbed and eliminated by the butter damping.
- The whole machine has fewer parts, small size and light weight. The spring leaf designed as a trapezoidal section and the trapezoidal tooth groove are particularly convenient and close, so that the assembly, disassembly and maintenance are simpler than ordinary couplings.
- Since the spring leaf and the tooth arc surface are in point contact, the coupling can obtain greater flexibility. It can be installed to work normally under conditions of radial, angular and axial deviation at the same time.
- Good vibration damping and long service life.
- Large range of bearing variable load and safe starting.
- High transmission efficiency and reliable operation.
- Low noise and good lubrication.
- Simple structure and convenient assembly and disassembly.
- The whole machine has few parts, small size, and lightweight.
- Large installation deviation is allowed
Next： Concrete mixer gearbox